Unlike other construction project management softwares, Projectmates allows you to have more than one budget in a project. If there is a special project you are planning in a project that has an original budget you want to keep for historical purposes, you can create a new budget thread (red menu) to manage this project. To add a new budget thread:
- Drill into the project where you want to add an extra budget thread.
- Then go to Admin >> Administer Project >> Construction Management, Budget, ... the really long link.
- Next click on Budget / Earned Value Forecast / Cashflow Forecast link.
- Finally, click the Add new thread link.
- Enter the Thread Description field. This will be the verbiage that appears in the red bar in the left side menu to access the new budget thread.
- Add access rights under the Role Rights section of the page.
- Hit Save when you are finished adding the rights.