The answer is to add these rights in one Projectmates project, and then use the copy process to push the changes out to other projects.
Step 1: Update the access rights in one project.
1. Select a project that is easy to copy into other projects, such as a template project.
2. Once inside the project you have selected, go to Admin >> Administer Project.
3. Select the module and thread you want to change.
4. Scroll to find the role and update the rights.
5. Hit Save to keep these changes.
Helpful Hint: If you need to add other access rights changes, you can do so now.
Step 2: Copy the change into other projects.
1. Click All Projects link to go back to the My Projects tab.
2. Mark the radial button next to the project where you just made the changes.
3. Click the Copy button at the bottom of the page.
4. Select the projects you want to get these changes from the box on the left labeled “Project List”, and use the arrow button to push the projects into the box on the right labeled “Copy To”.
Helpful Hint: It is always a good rule of thumb to copy the changes into a sample or testing project first to make sure it copies the way you want it to.
5. Mark the checkbox for Replace module Role rights in ‘Copy To Project(s)’ with ‘Copy From Project’ Role rights.
6. Under the Select Items to Copy section, mark the following checkboxes:
• The specific role that was changed (deselect the other roles)
• The module and threads where the access rights were added
Helpful Hint: The data does not need to be copied, just the highest level of module or thread that is available. For example, select Tab/Menu Structure, but not Folder Structure or Files.
7. Click Copy.