Users will need to be added, modified and removed throughout the lifespan of a project. This is accomplished through the Project Administration menu by selecting the Project – Users link.
There are two ways to add new users:
- Search for an existing user.
- Create a new user.
Helpful Hint: The best practice is to search for existing users first. Then create a new user profile for the individual. The reason for this is two-fold.
- It is better for the user to only have one log-in.
- It benefits your organization, because it can become difficult to maintain an inflated list of users.
To Search for an Existing User:
- On the Project Administration menu, select the Project – Users link.
- Click the Search existing users link.
- Enter user's first, last, or company name. Click the Search button. A list of both active and inactive users matching the keyword(s) will display.
- Assign the user the appropriate project role by selecting a role from the drop-down menu.
- Select the check box next to the user.
- Click the Add button. The user is instantly added to the team members list.
Helpful Hint: Once the user is added to the project, the team member will receive an email notification that he/she has been added to this project.
To Add a New User:
- Click the Create a New User link. The Add New User screen will display.
- On the User Info tab, add all required user fields denoted by the red dot icon.
Helpful Hint: This information may be visible by other project members and may be associated with certain project modules. For instance, in the approval or invoice processes, this is the name that shows up on the signed contract or invoice.
- In addition to contact information, a username and password must be assigned.
Helpful Hint: Attempt username consistency by predetermining standards for project usernames.
- Optionally on the Skills Tab, click in the Calendar field to select a date any skill was acquired.
Helpful Hint: Users will be able to set their own skills through their profile if the skill permissions allow them to do so.
- When all information is added, click the Save button.
Helpful Hint: The newly created teammate will receive a welcome email notification containing his/her username and a link to create his/her password in addition to being notified that he/she has been added to this project.