Potential Change Orders (PCOs)
- PCOs are a means of gathering information to make a decision regarding changes that are being considered but have not yet been fully adopted by the stakeholders on the project.
- PCOs are not considered part of the contractual agreement. Therefore, they do not update in the budget.
- PCOs can be linked to a CO to facilitate quickly making the suggested changes official.
- RFIs can be linked to a PCO to show the progression of events that lead up to the decision that was made.
Change Orders (COs)
- COs are changes to the contractual agreement and will be reflected in the budget as soon as the approval process is started.