1. Arrange/add the budget line items and sub-items.
Helpful Hint: The budget must contain one or more budget line items to be included in the purchase order. All of the budget sub-items for each selected budget line item will be included in the purchase order as its line items.
2: Select the budget line items to be included in the purchase order.
- To view the budget, click the View Budget link in the left-side menu for the desired budget thread.
- Mark the checkbox (es) for the budget line item (s) to be included in the purchase order.
3: Create the purchase order.
- In the Actions… drop-down, select Create Purchase Order option.
- A pop-up will display. Enter the name of the new purchase order.
- By default, the Check to import category name checkbox is marked. You can uncheck this checkbox if you do not want to create categories based on budget group names.
- Click the Go button. The purchase order will be displayed on the screen.
- Click the Select Vendor button.
- In the Add users or contacts pop-up, mark the radio button to select the user to whom to award this purchase order. You can also award this purchase order to a contact.
Helpful Hint: Purchase orders awarded to contacts will only be viewable by users with View Others access rights in the purchase order module. This means that external vendors will not be able to submit their own invoices.
- Complete any of the optional fields as needed by your organization. Then click Save & Next.
- On the Items tab, the line items are populated for you from the budget. Make any necessary adjustments. Then click Save and Next.
- On the Attachments tab, upload any supporting documentation as needed by your organization. Then click Go To Approval.
- On the Approval tab, select the appropriate approval type, if the option is available. Then click Start Approval. This action will send email notification to the first level of approvers, notifying them that their approval is requested for this purchase order.