Option 1: You can manually create it in the purchase order (PO) module.
- In the Cost Tracking area of your project, click the Purchase Order thread (red button) in the left-side menu to expand the options below.
Helpful Hint: This area may be called something different on your site.
- Click the Create new item option in the left-side menu.
- Enter details about this new purchase order, such as Item #, Description, and Group.
- Click the Select Vendor button.
- In the Add users or contacts pop-up, mark the radial buttons to select the user to whom to award this purchase order. Alternatively, select a contact.
Helpful Hint: Purchase orders awarded to contacts instead of users will not be viewable by users without View Others access rights in the purchase order module. This means that external vendors will not be able to submit their own invoices.
- Complete any of the optional fields as needed by your organization. Then click Save & Next.
- On the Items tab, enter the line items as necessary by your organization. Then click Save and Next.
Helpful Hint: You may wish to link the line items to the budget at this point, if you have the appropriate access rights. If you are the vendor, don't worry about this.
- On the Attachments tab, upload any supporting documentation as needed. Then click Go To Approval.
- On the Approval tab, select the appropriate approval type, if the option is available. Then click Start Approval. This action will send email notification to the first level of approvers, notifying them that their approval is requested for this purchase order.
Option 2: You can create a purchase order (PO) from the budget.
Read this article: Creating PO from Budget