First recipient defined:
- The first recipient is the project team member who initially receives any submittals to be reviewed.
- The first recipient can either route submittals to other project team members to get their feedback or enter the final action immediately without consulting other project team members.
Helpful Hint: Most of the time, the Architect is responsible for reviewing submittals; however, your organization can choose any role to perform this task.
How can I change who the first recipient is in my Submittals?
- From inside the project where you want to set or change the first recipient for Submittals, click the Admin tab.Helpful Hint: If you don't see the Admin tab, then you do not have access to make this change. Please check with your Administrator to get the changes made that you need.
- If not already selected, click the Administer Project button. The Project Administration Main Menu screen will display.
- Click the Construction Management, Budget, Cost Tracking and GC Prime Contract link. The Construction Management and Cost Tracking – Administration screen will display.
- Click the Submittal / Shop Drawing link. The Manage Submittal Threads (Admin) screen will display.
- Select the submittal thread where you want to set or change the first recipient.
- Find the First Recipient field. Select the appropriate user from the drop-down.
Helpful Hint: If the individual is not listed as an option in the First Recipient drop-down, then perform the following checks:
- Is the individual a user in this project?
- Is the individual in the correct role in this project?
- Does this individual's role have at least Add and Route access rights?
- Hit the Save button to keep these changes.